Thursday, April 05, 2007

4*5*2007 reviews...thicke/winehouse

I was going to wait until next week to post these links, but I need something to do during the commercial breaks of "The Office". Here are 2 reviews that I did for Giant Step. One of them is the Amy Winehouse 'Back to Black' album. I listened to it with no influences. Meaning I didn't read any other reviews and I also didn't read any gossip about her. I wanted to write it based strictly on the music. Anyway, I also had to be sure not to compare it to her first release which I love because America didn't get that release and many people wouldn't relate.

The Robin Thicke concert was really dope and I tried to convey my enthusiasm the best I could. I will be checking him out again, and as my friend Jessica says, 'He is so not ugly'. I am spoiled with being in the front row though I realize. Anyway, enjoy the reads! I think I am going to do Joss Stone's album soon.....which I love! I know it seems I only review albums I dig and that's true - it's easier that way and I don't have time or energy to do a bad one. So when I am asked I just say....no thanks!

Enjoy. xo

Giant Step, Robin Thicke concert review, 4/5/07:

Giant Step, Amy Winehouse 'Back to Black' review, 4/5/07:




No comments: