Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Articles for week of 7/30/07




This week was grand and that is mainly because I was in Niagara Falls and Toronto. I loved them both. The magnitude of Niagara was overwhelming and the culture of Toronto was beautiful, seeped into my skin and made me want to go back. It was also great because I was stressed right before I went writing these pieces. Reason is because it was hard to sum up group Fertile Ground in 50 - 75 words. I love them and can't wait to see them this weekend. One of the other pieces was for GeoClan and I was happy to do that because they are an organization that stands for something, but it was hard because some of them are dear friends and I wanted to try and make it stand out from other art/music events, which I think I did. The other event is the 4th annual African Independence Day. The issue with that was not putting people off by making the organization sound extreme and also the hypocrisy of the organizers pushing positivity through the performers, yet having Gillie Da Kid slated to perform. And I just read the final and it is a bit different from the second draft I handed in, but that is all good. But ahhhh, they are here and done. I feel wonderful about writing up 2 community events also, since that is my core. I have to give love to my editors Monica, Tami and Pat. They listened to me this week and for that I'm grateful. Enjoy, Deesha

Fertile Ground, Philadelphia Citypaper, 8/2/07:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/08/02/soundadvice

GeoClan's Art Fix, Philadelphia Citypaper, 8/2/07:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/08/02/on-the-dl

African Independence Day, Philadelphia Citypaper, 8/2/07:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/08/02/just-do-it

No comments: