Thursday, February 08, 2007

Writing Links for 2/5/07

...I have to rush this blog today because I came in to work early to get things done and I only have a few minutes, so here goes. I am a bit sore from teaching dance last night and I don't know why..anyway - This week I had 2 writings in the lovely Citypaper. One on Lily Allen and her Monday show and the other on a local hip-hop show. The Lily Allen one was a bit tough, because to tell you the truth - I think she tries too hard to be tough, when all that is unnecessary. But, I wrote it anyway. Then the local hip-hop show changed venues at the last minute because the original venue (5 spot) burned down. That almost didn't make it in the paper with the change, but it did.

Next, I need to pay a bit of respect to the people that have directly landed me in this writing spot:
Funk Wizard Snow from PhillyHipHop. com...I had my first articles there in 2001 or was it 2002? Thank you Snow!

Next is Aine' Doley or Applez to many of you. She and I were just fellow writers, not really friends, but when she left the Citypaper she let me know to go for the job and get paid for writing. That was about 2 years ago and I'm still at Citypaper. Thanks Aine!

Next is Adam from Giant Step - When I opened my mouth about the Jamiroquai promotion, he approached me real calm on the side about doing some writing at Giant Step. Down the road, Michael, Mehmet and Maurice have all given me that opporturnity to keep it going. Thank you all!

There are more, but those are the basic 3 for right now. Respect.

Links:

Philadelphia Citypaper, Lily Allen, 2/8/07 (Note the Jay Kay reference...Long story of how that got in there)
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/02/08/lily-allen

Philadelphia Citypaper, Class of 1997 Hip-Hop Reunion, 2/8/07 (Awesome picture of Hezekiah):
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/02/08/soundadvice

Until next week..xo

PS. Does anyone even read this? hahaha :)

No comments: