Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Sweet Tooth - July 22, 2007






This week is something not so new and then 3 things that are new. It's a beautiful day outside, but I have so much little stuff to do that I'll probably just go for a run later and that's it...Anyway, check out these artists and enjoy...LEAVE COMMENTS and feel free to give me suggestions..I love discovering new music! xo
_______________________________________________
For Lovers, Dreamers and Me by Alice Smith, Genre: pop/soul
Fantastic. This album came out awhile ago, and I did a review on it, which I can't find right now, but anyway...I saw her live for the third time this past Wednesday. Her voice is indeed a hate or love. I don't think it is anything that you can grow to love. Instantly upon hearing 'Love Endeavor', I knew I'd be a permanent fan. Her voice is very powerful. Her lyrics are standard, but when she sings the emotion comes out. Nice woman too. Check out 'Woodstock', 'Fake Is the New Real', and 'Secrets'. It's just something different, but I hope you dig it: http://www.giantstep.net/releases/794/ and www.myspace.com/alicesmith
__________________________________________________
*NEW* Disrespectful by Chaka Khan featuring Mary J. Blige, Genre: R&B
Chaka, Chaka, Chaka - woooooooooooooahhhh. This song is from her upcoming album due out in September. I heard the entire song with Mary J, but on Chaka's MySpace you can only hear a snippet, but it's a good snippet. If you do get to hear the entire song, don't be put off by the typical and boring beginning, it gets better. This is definitely a dance song..it is stank type funky with Chaka hitting that high volume note. It can be mistaken for a little screaming, but all I want to do is get down to it. I can't wait to get this on MP3. I went to download it and it was gone...dang! Chaka still has it...for real. The song is here: www.myspace.com/officialchakakhan
___________________________________________________
Bob Marley and the Wailers: Roots, Rocked, Remixed, Genre: Reggae/Dance
I don't know...I must admit that I'm not a big fan of reggae really, but I do dig Marley and company for their ability to crossover and still be true. However, I don't think that these remixes really sound smooth. It's a mesh between dance and reggae that I still am out to see about. While I appreciate the effort, it is going to take me some time to digest and listen to the whole thing completly, but because I respect Marley and some of the remixers, Imma give it a chance. Listen here: http://www.giantstep.net/releases/1490/
__________________________________________________
Billie Holiday Remixed and Reimagined, Genre:Jazz/Dance
I love Billie Holiday. Her voice is just timeless, her mood, emotion and the way she can relate to so many situations through her music. I really dug the Nina Simone Remixed and Reimagined, so I was looking forward to this. While some of the tracks should have been left alone, I think that this release of updated remixes opens up a brand new audience to Ms.Holiday. Listen to three of these remixes here: http://www.giantstep.net/releases/1477

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by triplejaysus! I'm loving your site - checked out common this morning. Spread the joy.
Garvan