Thursday, September 13, 2007

8/10/07 Articles including...the big one!







Hi -


I am still in Germany, so this will be short! The big feature I was working on for Citypaper is out today. This feature was so important to me and I am so thankful to those that made it happen, especially my editors, the people I interviewed and my friends here in Germany who let me work while I was at their house. I stayed up all night last week and finished it on a German keyboard....not so easy..hahaha...The article is about the divisions and animosity between the different sub-scenes in Philadelphia. I feel good about how it turned out and would have loved more space, but such is life. Maybe there will be a part 2. The picture above is of Cosmo Baker (second picture) , who I interviewed. I also may put the full interviews online. Not sure yet. The other piece is an animal symposium that I got assigned last minute (third picture of person appearing at event). It is not only for animal rights, but also social justice in general. It also includes a Veggie Cabaret. I have an image of people dressed as carrots dancing around! The last one I did is of Josh Valocci (first picture) - who is a music writer over at the Philadelphia Weekly, which is a rival of Citypaper. I did a Wordplay on him for 215. He is a nice guy. Okay, gotta go...enjoy! xoxoxo


PS. In my sleep last night, I had dreams of an art project I am going to start when I return!

The Lost Cause, Philadelphia Citypaper, 9-13-07:

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/09/13/the-lost-cause


Animal Rights Symposium, Philadelphia Ciypaper, 9-13-07

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/09/13/just-do-it


WORDPLAY with Josh Valocci, 215hiphop.com, 9-11-07

http://215hiphop.com/interviews/wordplay-wjoshua-valocchi/#more-245


No comments: