Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lemme borrow your ears for a second...

Hi everyone - I am seriously stressed out and overwhelmed. I leave for Germany tomorrow at 6pm and there is so much to do. I am tired and buried under deadlines. Getting on that plane will be like heaven to me. So, sorry that Sunday Sweet Tooth is on hiatus. I have some goodies for you when I return. Anyway, I need your feedback on this track - it is from Shala of the Universal Motown recording group QUALO.

Shala "The Great Chicago Winter"
http://www.zshare.net/audio/344589456e9769/

No need to be fake with me - I don't know these people and this is the first time I've heard of them. I'm just helping someone gather some feedback...You don't have to download it to fully listen. You can just click on the link and it'll play..or it should. I won't tell you what type of music to call it, because I really don't know! You can leave the feedback here or just email me.


Thanks, Dee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huuuuumm, I quite like the combination of the electronic "loungy" part with the rap, but I don't really like the male vocal part as such.... it's too simple, too 'stomping'... it just doesn't really groove.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deesha,

I just listened to this song three times, here's some thoughts;

-The high pitch beacon sound throughout the track reminds me of Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" a lot.

-My first listen I was suprised to hear rapping come in, it didn't seem to fit in at first.

-Nothing about this track is complex; the cat rhyming on it is VERY basic to say the least and the melodies are very simple and straightforward as well. Overall the song feels pretty 'dumbed down'.

-That being said there is a vibe to the song. Having been to Chicago in the winter, the vibe does live up to the song title, but I'm not sure exactly how the rapping fits in with the song's theme, and it feels like a short two verses that are pretty 'surface'-y.

-I think the strongest elements of the song are the beat and the hook singing, but even those are not that strong IMO.

-All in all definitely not my cup of tea but I could see there being a market for this somewhere.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to say to anything good about it.

Anonymous said...

The beat is def. Midwest techno-hop, which is a good thing. We need fresh beats. This is a road song.

Lyrics? I'm more orthodox than most when it comes to that. Dude does sound like a confident emcee though; he breath control is there.

Anonymous said...

Vocals are good.
The background music is a little techno for my taste, but I think it's pretty well done. Chords are nice, chord changes flow nicely.
At times I think it lingers a little long without a major change, especially with the female vocals about 4 min into the song.
The average human attention span will only tolerate approx 30 sec without a major change in sound or sight or both.
Overall I would give it an...."A-"

Anonymous said...

I am not too sure about this song, maybe it would grow on you. I like the beat and the rhythm but i think the lyrics let it down a bit.