Thursday, March 06, 2008

Article for week of March 3, 2008


*Photo by Michael Regan*


Good Morning - I am exhausted, but happy to be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow. This week was major for me because it was the Citypaper music issue and I got to write about DJ Lady B, who basically brought hip-hop to Philadelphia through the airwaves in 1979. And...she made the cover, which is a first for me in my 4 year Citypaper history. I stumbled a few times writing this and I wanted to make sure I got in what she felt about the current community and current state of hip-hop, but I didn't want to make it like a biography. I am happy that I got to write about a black female in hip-hop and also happy that she is 1 of 2 hip-hop stories in the issue today. I also started my new job last week (http://www.y-hep.org/), so I was all types of overwhelmed. So, anyway...please enjoy and give feedback if you like. Thank God and a bunch of other friends for helping me through. I am exhausted because we had Clayton's surprise Bday party last night where I almost set his friend Ninah's house on fire...long story....anyway....Gotta get to work...xo

DJ Lady B, Philadelphia Citypaper Music Issue, 3/6/08:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2008/03/06/no-seriously-dont-call-it-a-comeback

No comments: