Thursday, June 28, 2007

6/25/07 Article...

Article..as in 1! There was couple reasons for this. First of all, I'm tired! Secondly, didn't get any assignments from Citypaper and the other 2 I did aren't posted up yet. So, this is the one that is. The story with this is - I got an email asking me to review it. I've never heard of Kenge Kenge, but I figured traditional African music...I can do it. So it got it the mail and really took a liking to the high energy and percussion throughout. Plus, the review was only to be short, so I was all about that. Next week I have a lead in the Citypaper with author Michael Eric Dyson. There's a few things that made that interview quite difficult, but I was happy to do it and I'll get into that later. Ciao for now! Always check www.myspace.com/coveryourlover for the activist part of my life. xo
Introducing Kenge Kenge, Giant Step, 6/26/07:

No comments: