Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 4, 2007 Writing Links - all about the ladies!



This week was emotionally draining! My close friends know why, and since this isn't a blog about my personal life - I'll leave that be. I'm sitting at my desk eating oatmeal - GROSS! But, when I was at softball on Sunday, John told me to try eating it for breakfast for health reasons, so I am trying, but I dunno. Next week, I take on Congress and Capitol Hill. I sit down with them on Thursday. I am soooooo damn excited. There are 3 issues we (CARE) are taking to the Hill, but my favorite one is "Empowering Women and Girls to Protect Themselves against HIV/AIDS."

Anyway, this week, I have 2 links for you. I actually wrote another for the Citypaper, but I think Pat (CP editor) had to cut that whole section this week. All good. One is the Amy Winehouse concert review (love that Jay used an older picture of her). I know it was a month ago, but hey...things take time. I am still bangin' both her albums pretty hard. The girl can sing. F- everything else about her. Also, wrote up an upcoming Leela James performance. That was hard to do because I really didn't have all the information and her quotes were late, so they didn't get included...Oh well! Until next time...thanks for checking these out! xo

Amy Winehouse Concert Review, Giant Step, 6/6/07:
http://www.giantstep.net/features/177

Leela James, Philadelphia Citypaper, 6/7/07:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/06/07/leela-james

1 comment:

disco-very said...

hey girl!

this blog is awesome... malaysia's pretty music deprived, everything's so commercial it's sickening. thanks for introducing all these little gems. i've heard soooooo much about amy and dying to get into her stuff!

and all the best with Hill, you're doing the greatest thing that a human being can possibly do and we're all behind ya!

hugs & hugs,
davina